State Senate District 46
With budget cuts looming for schools stemming from revenue loss tied to a state shutdown during the coronavirus pandemic, Alft supports taxing the rich to make up for the deficit. He also supports a universal basic income and collection of a stock transfer tax.
Supports repealing the state’s bail reform laws, protecting vulnerable residents, promoting family farms, and protecting the character of small towns and communities.
Supports the expansion of service and technology industries, including green and renewable energy in order to bring more jobs to the state. Also supports strengthening the education system by increasing access to technology particularly in rural areas.
Supports the New York Health Act and healthcare for all, increased funding to hospitals, and evidence-based public policy. Supports expanding broadband access across the state, no new taxes, and looking for a solution to the state’s shrinking population.
More local election coverage: Your Local Election Headquarters
- WATCH: Gov. Cuomo presents 2022 executive budget
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off
- NYSUT seeking federal waiver to lift standardized, regents testing requirements for 2020-21 school year
- New ‘Gigafactory’ coming to Henrietta will create over 300 jobs
- Police arrest Amsterdam woman for alleged involvement in stabbing incident