News10 ABC in Albany, New York is looking to hire a part-time temporary Studio Technician. The Studio Technician operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, graphics, lighting, or digital) used for production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio or while out on location
- Assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of sound recording equipment
- Provide camera, and audio/lighting production support as needed, and will work with outside production facilities
- Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments
- Maintains and stores equipment and studio maintenance
Requirements & Skills:
- High School Diploma Required
- Experience in television, film or post production preferred
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Basic computer knowledge including Photoshop
- Ability to handle high stress environment with deadline pressures
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Studio Technician must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Studio Technician must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Qualified candidates should apply online atwww.nexstar.tv/careers.First time users must create an account then apply for this job and attach your resume. Background check required. A NEXSTAR BROADCASTING STATION. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.