The WTEN (ABC) & WXXA (FOX) Director of Sales oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, pricing and advertising inventory management, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting for both station’s Local Sales, National Sales and Digital Sales efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires an innovative leader with a demonstrated ability to find creative and customized solutions for new and existing customers
- Responsible for providing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports, including revenue projections, end of month/quarter/year performance summary by category, sales teams (broadcast & digital)
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets for Local, National, Digital, Special Events and creation of New Sales opportunities.
- Leads effort for New Business development
- Develops, implements, maintains sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, accounting and programming.
- Responsible for management and optimization of sales inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Plans and directs staffing, training, performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
- Responsible for pricing of inventory to achieve revenue goals and growth of station’s broadcast revenue.
- Oversee Local Sales Managers for WTEN & WXXA, National Sales Manager for WTEN/WXXA and Digital Sales Manager to achieve each department’s revenue goals and growth
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Develop and sustain key client relationships (direct and agency) in the market to further grow our revenue across all platforms
- Perform other duties as required
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in media sales management – preferably in broadcast TV sales – as a General, Local and/or National Sales Manager
- Strong sales leadership, teamwork and project management
- Strong selling skills for television and digital mediums in sales negotiation
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, reading and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of television programming, production, delivery and research
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Leadership ability to represent the Company in public
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PPT, TV Traffic Systems (inventory management), CRM systems (Experience with Wide Orbit traffic system, Sharebuilders, Matrix, & Comscore ratings service a plus).
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director of Sales must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Qualified candidates should apply online atwww.nexstar.tv/careers. First time users must create an account then apply for this job and attach your resume. Background check required. A NEXSTAR BROADCASTING STATION. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.