BRISTOL, N.Y. (WROC) — A skier at Bristol Mountain in the Finger Lakes region was rescued after dangling from a chairlift. The ski lift was stopped Sunday evening to facilitate the rescue.
In video of the sequence, a girl was hanging from the side of the chair lift as staff worked to rescue her.
Bristol officials say the lift was stopped so the girl could be rescued and that she wasn’t being rescued from a stopped lift.
They added that an internal investigation is underway.
- Researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- Alleged serial killer arrested in murders of 3 women in New York City housing complex
- Japan privately concludes Tokyo Olympics should be canceled due to coronavirus
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Buffalo Kickoff Live: Jan 21.