MONTPELIER, Vt. (NEWS10) — The governors of New Jersey, Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Massachusetts announced an extension of the suspension of interstate youth hockey competitions for public and private schools and youth hockey leagues through at least Jan. 31, 2021.
The prohibition will not impact interstate collegiate, professional or U.S. national team hockey activities, which will remain subject to existing health and safety protocols and/or restrictions.
The states previously announced a regional suspension through at least Dec. 31 due to COVID outbreaks associated with the conduct of interstate youth hockey activities. As public health data continues to evolve, the states will reassess the need for continued restrictions on interstate sports activities.
- Police identify 19-year-old woman found deceased on sidewalk in Watertown
- Niagara Square transformed into ‘Bills Mafia Square,’ includes Bills themed street signs
- One dead, four injured after serious car accident
- Cuomo to expand community vaccination kit program, includes one new Albany site
- Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows