Another one of the crazy days with bands of intense rains and early this afternoon a few severe storms. The majority of the damage was from Flash flooding..rainfall rates were over 2" per hour in many locations. The heaviest rains were from Albany and to points south and east.
Overnight...more waves of rain are sliding northward. Rivers and streams are near bankfull and need to be watched and flash flooding is still possible. Be extra careful driving at night-you just don't see the flooding as well.
Right now it looks like the steadiest rains should end between 9 and 10am....and slowly work east. Saturday afternoon we do expect some sunshine, though it wil still be humid. We can not rule out a pop up shower ot t'storm.
By Sunday....finally the weather pattern changes....P.Sunny-Hot and humid......and this should last into ?Tuesday....later Tuesday there may be a few thunderstorms.
Be careful everyone with the flooding.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Reality show doc, woman charged with California drug rapes
- Embattled Congressman remaining on the ballot
- Police: Man drives stolen dirt bike through local Price Chopper
- School district to decide whether employees can carry guns