PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Most of northern New England is in the midst of a drought after three months of low rainfall.
The State Drought Monitor maintained by the University of Nebraska lists much of northern Vermont as “abnormally dry,” while much of the state’s southern areas are listed as facing “moderate drought.”
Most of Maine and New Hampshire is listed as facing “severe drought” and “moderate drought” conditions. The amounts in those states that are facing the “severe drought” condition are expanding. Scattered areas there are also listed as “abnormally dry,” which is closer to normal conditions.
- McDonald’s fan creates live map to track every broken ice cream machine in America
- No, Miley Cyrus did not inspire Amy Coney Barrett to be a judge, and other false reports this week
- $65,720 top prize TAKE 5 ticket sold at Burnt Hills store
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Schenectady man killed in car vs. tractor trailer crash