PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Most of northern New England is in the midst of a drought after three months of low rainfall.
The State Drought Monitor maintained by the University of Nebraska lists much of northern Vermont as “abnormally dry,” while much of the state’s southern areas are listed as facing “moderate drought.”
Most of Maine and New Hampshire is listed as facing “severe drought” and “moderate drought” conditions. The amounts in those states that are facing the “severe drought” condition are expanding. Scattered areas there are also listed as “abnormally dry,” which is closer to normal conditions.
- WNY family wants answers after they say VA threw out late Vietnam vet’s belongings
- Minorities believe inauguration provides hope for the future
- State senator urges president to restore refugee resettlement program
- The latest on round 2 of the Paycheck Protection Program
- Retired Fort Drum general awaiting confirmation as Secretary of Defense