KNOX, N.Y. (WTEN) — A 12-year-old girl was hospitalized Thursday after being buried by a snow plow while playing outside a Knox home Thursday. Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple confirmed to NEWS10 that the girl was alive.
She was digging holes in the snow while she played outside the home Thursday morning when a family member, who was plowing snow, accidentally buried her in a snowbank, according to the Times Union.
When family members couldn’t find the girl they realized what happened and called 911, then started digging, the paper reports. It’s not clear how long she was trapped under the snow, but she wasn’t breathing by the time they found her.
Family members, guided by emergency dispatchers, performed CPR on the child until deputies and EMTs arrived around 8:30 a.m. It wasn’t immediately clear if the family or first responders were the ones who resuscitated her, but she began breathing again and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
During a news conference on the winter weather Thursday afternoon, County Executive Daniel McCoy said the girl was doing well, the Times Union reports.
- Today’s 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Do You Prefer Frigid Temperatures and Sun or Lots of Snow?
- Brady vs Rodgers, possibly Mahomes vs. Allen in title games
- MLK Day 2021: Capital Region celebrates from home
- Brady, Bucs, end playoffs for Saints, Brees, 30-20
- Chiefs advance after Browns’ comeback comes up short