Police say that a parachute student—Kristin Silva, 24, from New Haven, Connecticut—was parachuting, making her final approach to land on the runway. She collided with an aircraft that had already landed and was leaving the runway.
Police say Silva landed on the left wing of the aircraft, causing her lower left leg to hit the propeller. Her parachute also entangled in the propeller, and she dangled from the wing before witnesses cut her free. She was cut down by witnesses.
Police say Silva was conscious and alert, but had lacerations on her left calf and chin. She was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center to be treated for her non-life-threatening injuries.
- Burnt Hills beats Shen in a shootout
- Five former Orange invited to USA women’s lacrosse tryouts
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Restaurants develop plan to stay afloat as temperatures begin to drop