MULLICA HILL, N.J. (WPIX) – As the remnants of Ida moved through the Northeast, a probable tornado was seen touching down in New Jersey.
“Tornado has been observed with this warning,” the National Weather Service tweeted. “Please take shelter now!”
Videos show the giant, grey mass move across the sky. Tornado warnings and watches were issued as Ida – now a post-tropical depression – drenched the region.
Just after 7 p.m. local time, the National Weather Service warned a confirmed tornado in the area of Burlington, New Jersey, was going to cross into Pennsylvania.
Take a look at some of the videos:
The extent of the damage wasn’t immediately clear.
More from NEWS10
- Governor Hochul says Bills stadium report coming out soon
- New York Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker resigns
- Big Game Bound: Key showdown between Bucs and Rams highlights Week 3 NFL slate
- National Coffee Day: Dunkin’ offering free medium coffee for North Country members
- Albany HS’s Homecoming and Hall of Fame events canceled due to COVID