MT. HOLLY, Vt. (NEWS10) — Vermont State Police say they’re investigating a shooting from Sunday night in Mt. Holly. They say they responded to reports in the area of Gates Road in Rutland at around 7:30 p.m.
Cody Ahonen, 27, of Mt. Holly went to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of his injury, a gunshot wound believed to be non-life-threatening. The shooting took place at his home.
Ahonen’s condition was reported as stable by Vermont state police on Monday afternoon.
Police say further information will be revealed as the investigation continues. They also say they don’t believe there to be any current threat to the public.
If you or someone you know has any information about this incident, call Det. Sgt. Thomas Williams at the Rutland Barracks at (802) 773-9101, or submit an anonymous tip online at vtips.us or by calling (844) 848-8477.
- Taron Johnson makes ‘franchise altering play’ as Bills punch their ticket to AFC Championship game
- Siena breaks record with 16th straight win
- Betty White marks 99th birthday Sunday; up late as she wants
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution update in Schenectady, Rensselaer Counties