TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — On the advent of phase one, Troy Mayor Patrick Madden released a video public service announcement reiterating the importance of social distancing.
Wearing a mask reduces the spread of COVID-19, supports front-line medical professionals working to treat those infected, and ensure the successful reopening of local businesses.
Phase one of reopening does not mean it’s time to forget about masks and social distancing guidelines. The coronavirus is not eradicated, but its ability to spread has been severely hindered by following these careful recommendations. All projections moving forward into reopening operate under the assumption that New Yorkers will continue to keep a six-foot distance from each other as much as possible, wear face coverings when they cannot, and self-quarantine when feeling unwell.
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Some Capital Region residents face COVID-19 vaccine scheduling issues
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot