TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Troy City Council approved a settlement in the case of Edson Thevenin.
The city council unanimously approved the $1.55 million settlement for Thevenin’s widow.
Thevenin was shot by Sgt. Randy French during a traffic stop in 2016. French has since died from COVID-19.
While the settlement was approved, it did not include any admission of liability or fault.
More from NEWS10
- Alert: Fake postal phone scams target Troy residents
- Police: Items in burglary recover handgun in Albany
- Battle of rookie QBs as Patriots, Jets seek 1st win Sunday
- Vermont State Police investigate death of woman found in Lake Champlain
- Albany Police Pine Hills details arrest two men for robbery, handgun possession