WASHINGTON (NEWS10) – Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao announced nearly $800 million in airport safety and infrastructure grants on Tuesday. Albany International Airport is set to receive over $4 million.
Grants will be used for critical infrastructure and safety projects, including rescue and firefighting equipment, runway construction and repair, conducting studies, and installing signage, lighting, and fencing.
New York State will receive nearly $65 million, with the largest single contribution—over $15 million—going to Syracuse Hancock International Airport. Take a look at the complete list of grants below:
Out of about $794 million, the Airport Improvement Program accounts for $689 million of total funding, while the CARES Act accounts for about $105 million.
- Hoover PD: Argument led to shooting that killed 8-year-old, injured 3
- NASA creates perfume that smells like space
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Know the difference between heat stroke and heat exhaustion
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty