TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Local tenants and housing rights advocates rallied outside Troy City Court Thursday morning in an eviction defense protest.
They said New York’s current moratorium on evictions, extended through the end of September, doesn’t protect all property owners.
Citizen Action of New York says it’s unfair that, in Troy, tenants have to go to court to defend against eviction proceedings, as courts around the state are reopening and will process pre-pandemic filings.
There were about 30 landlord versus tenant proceedings on the Troy City Court calendar for Thursday.
- 1 victim in fatal Rutland County car crash
- CDTA to help deliver vaccines in Rensselaer County
- Responders rescue 2 from Hoosick Falls crash with jaws of life
- Six Flags opening Jersey Devil Coaster, tallest and fastest of its kind in the world
- Flying off the shelves: Chocolate-covered cicadas a hit in Maryland