The Bells of Remembrance could not be delivered to campus in time for the June 8 service. Siena cited “mechanical failure” in a tweet:
The prayer service is now on for Monday at 4:30 p.m., livestreamed from the front steps of Siena Hall via Siena College’s Facebook.
Sienas Class of 2020 has been working on bringing the bells to the campus to be installed permanently.
The prayer service will honor of George Floyd and encourage humility among God’s followers.
Student representatives will take part by tolling and ringing the bells. Speakers will include the Interim President, Chaplain, and President-elect of Siena College, along with other professors, administrators, and friars.
- Biden announces free Uber, Lyft rides to COVID-19 vaccine sites
- Seasonal business owners struggle with lack of labor force
- Ghost guns hearing splits US lawmakers about how to deal with gun violence
- Troy sex offender arrested by FBI on child porn charges
- Rob Astorino seeks GOP nomination for Governor