SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y (NEWS10) – After a summer working at the Saratoga Race Course, backstretch workers and their families are moving out of their cabins at Pine Grove Family Camp. Volunteers in the community have been helping to clean up and pack up their belongings.
Earlier this season, the NY Race Track Chaplaincy, along with volunteers and sponsors, teamed up to clean and redecorate the summer housing for the families.
During the summer meet, many of the volunteers stayed in touch with the group so they could drop off baked goods, toys and other items.
Now as the families are leaving town, the volunteers are once again stepping up to help clean up and board up the cabins for the season.
If you want to join the project’s efforts, visit here.
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Overnight spike in COVID cases draws concern of second wave
- North Country Report: Trunk-or-Treating set to go at Roaring Brook Ranch
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Saratoga County expands early voting hours