TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Rep. Paul D. Tonko announced on Monday that Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has won a combined $951,020 in National Science Foundation awards to fund engineering research.
RPI has two winning research projects into developing engineering technologies are:
- $531,361: 3D printing thermostats, and teaching and researching advanced polymer synthesis
- $419,659: Epitaxy, a microelectronics and renewable energy manufacturing process
The National Science Foundation funds 25% of all federal research in fields like physics, math, cybersecurity, neuroscience, and STEM education at national colleges and universities.
- Shaker boys’ golf gets first win of the season
- New York City couple says ‘I do’ at a Albany car dealership
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Mayor Warren announces new interim RPD chief
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG