TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is turning one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world against COVID-19.
Tune in to News10 Sunday night for more on this developing story.
AiMOS, short for Artificial Intelligence Multiprocessing Optimized System, can perform eight quadrillion calculations per second and is uniquely capable of exploring new applications in artificial intelligence.
RPI is offering the supercomputer to the research community—including government entities, academic universities, national labs, and private businesses—to support of new coronavirus research.
AiMOS is the most powerful supercomputer at a private university, the third-most energy-efficient supercomputer in the world, and the 24th most-powerful in the world overall.
- Rensselaer County officials say S. Troy Stewart’s employee tests positive for coronavirus
- Capital Region theatres cancel summers shows due to pandemic
- Ulster County partners with IBM to launch new COVID-19 online chat tool
- NYSP urge drivers to follow the rules of the road
- GEICO offers credit to customers