ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Wakefern Food Corp.—which includes Price Rite and Shop Rite under its umbrella—is launching a major hiring push at many retailers and warehouses across the region.
According to Wakefern, the dramatic increase in demand for fresh food and necessities due to coronavirus has created hundreds of positions.
In the Capital Region, open positions are available at the Price Rites in Glens Falls, Schenectady, and Pittsfield, Massachusetts, as well as the ShopRites in Albany, Colonie, Hudson, Kingston, Niskayuna, and Slingerlands.
New hires will benefit from a temporary $2 hourly wage bump Wakefern put into place March 22. A statement from the cooperative adds, “New associates may also benefit from enhanced sick leave and attendance policies designed to assist with financial and health concerns.”
- Remembering Susan B. Anthony
- Trick-or-treating in Downtown Troy
- Greenville boys capture Patroon Conference championship
- ‘Family is devastated’: Luggage containing woman’s ashes stolen from Cleveland airport
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application