ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Wakefern Food Corp.—which includes Price Rite and Shop Rite under its umbrella—is launching a major hiring push at many retailers and warehouses across the region.
According to Wakefern, the dramatic increase in demand for fresh food and necessities due to coronavirus has created hundreds of positions.
In the Capital Region, open positions are available at the Price Rites in Glens Falls, Schenectady, and Pittsfield, Massachusetts, as well as the ShopRites in Albany, Colonie, Hudson, Kingston, Niskayuna, and Slingerlands.
New hires will benefit from a temporary $2 hourly wage bump Wakefern put into place March 22. A statement from the cooperative adds, “New associates may also benefit from enhanced sick leave and attendance policies designed to assist with financial and health concerns.”
- Massachusetts ranked no. 1 for coronavirus scams; NY ranks 10
- Colonie Police looking to ID person in regard to criminal mischief investigation
- NYSDOT: temporary lane shifts expected June through early September on Wolf Rd. in Colonie
- Dunkin’ donates $35,000 to Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Happy National Cheese Day!