ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Wakefern Food Corp.—which includes Price Rite and Shop Rite under its umbrella—is launching a major hiring push at many retailers and warehouses across the region.
According to Wakefern, the dramatic increase in demand for fresh food and necessities due to coronavirus has created hundreds of positions.
In the Capital Region, open positions are available at the Price Rites in Glens Falls, Schenectady, and Pittsfield, Massachusetts, as well as the ShopRites in Albany, Colonie, Hudson, Kingston, Niskayuna, and Slingerlands.
New hires will benefit from a temporary $2 hourly wage bump Wakefern put into place March 22. A statement from the cooperative adds, “New associates may also benefit from enhanced sick leave and attendance policies designed to assist with financial and health concerns.”
- Senate Democrats trim parts of Biden’s COVID-19 aid bill, Republicans threaten delay
- Death Café movement marks 10 years normalizing tough conversations
- Man stable after car crashes into building
- Republicans introduce alternative election reform measure to H.R. 1
- Capitol Police double down on security amid new militia threat