MOREAU, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State police say they arrested Manci Liang, 22, of Elmhurst for traveling with 75 pounds of weed.
Police say a trooper patrolling I-87 in the Moreau pulled Liang over after observing several vehicle and traffic violations. Police say that while interviewing her, the trooper smelled marijuana coming from her vehicle.
Police say that upon searching the vehicle, the trooper found the bags. Liang is being charged with first-degree criminal possession of marijuana. This class C felony is worth a maximum sentence of 15 years if she’s convicted.
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 12/5/2020: Nor’easter is a near miss for NY, but New England gets hammered
- NYS warns of scammers posing as state or federal agencies
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston