UPDATE: State Police have released the name of the person who died in Friday’s fatal crash on the Northway just south of exit 16 in the town of Wilton: David H. Ferguson, 67, of Constableville.
WILTON, N.Y. (NEWS10) – New York State Police are investigating a deadly crash from Friday at 12:33 p.m. just south of exit 16 in the town of Wilton. Police say a southbound tractor-trailer veered off the highway and into the median, crashed, and burst into flames.
The driver of the tractor-trailer perished in the crash. State Police are not releasing the driver’s identity until they are able to notify the next of kin.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash and there were no other injuries. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Memorial Day weekend set to hit Lake George, Million Dollar Beach
- Fauci warns COVID-19 will not be eradicated, ‘new normal’ to stick around
- Demand for face masks has not reached its peak
- Warren County coronavirus update, one death reported
- Rennselaer County coronavirus update Friday, May 22