FULTONVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Montgomery County Public Health is encouraging residents to get a flu shot with its “get the flu shot campaign.”
The county debuted a video campaign offering reminders about taking precautions, stressing that the flu shot is safe, easy and effective.
“This is going to be a tough year, and with everything we’ve been through, combined with the flu season coming up, it’s extra important to make sure we highlight for the community how important it is to get a flu shot,” Montgomery County Executive Matt Ossenfort told News10.
“It’s very very important. It’s always been important to promote flu vaccines for children, senior citizens, and those who have underlying health conditions,” said Sara Boerenko, Montgomery County Public Health Director.
- Sharks cram into Florida canals to avoid red tide, experts say
- Newsfeed Now: VA mandates COVID-19 vaccines for health care workers; Simone Biles out of Olympic gymnastics team finals due to medical issue
- Gov. Cuomo: State teams up with five labs to monitor variants
- Warren County looking for public input on whether fireworks law should change
- Colorado monitoring 2 people after monkeypox exposure on flight