MECHANICVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — To prevent against car break-ins, the Mechanicville Police Department is reminding residents to lock their cars. While police said they have not seen a surge in car break-ins this year, they have in the past.
The notice comes as several surrounding towns and cities have seen numerous car break-ins in the last few days/weeks, police said.
Some ways to prevent car break-ins are to lock doors and close windows, to park in well-lit areas when possible and to hide valuables.
- Saratoga Springs dealing with nearly $7 million budget shortfall
- Shen stays unbeaten with 2-0 win over CBA
- NY health inspectors plan to try to inspect Rensselaer Co. nursing home
- New York Medicaid cuts to hit low income communities
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court