NEW YORK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — His name is Alexander Hamilton, and his story is going to stream in a living room near you this summer, exclusively on Disney Plus.
Creator Lin Manuel Miranda and Bob Iger, Disney’s executive chairman made the announcement live on Good Morning America Tuesday morning.
Previously, Manuel Miranda mentioned the stage adaptation was going play in theaters on October 15, but it will now be available to everyone with the Disney Plus streaming platform on July 3rd a day before Independence Day.
The official Hamilton twitter page made the announcement Tuesday morning. The film will be a professionally filmed version of the original Broadway cast.
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: “It’s better for our team when we have balance”
- The Grand at Barnwell to pay $22,000 in fines after DOH cites COVID-19 health and safety violations