JOHNSTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State Police out of Fonda arrested Derrick R. Sweet Jr., 30, of Gloversville after executing an early morning search warrant in Johnstown.
Following a Gloversville Police Department investigation into many burglaries and larcenies, they worked with local State Police to obtain and execute the warrant.
Police seized many items as evidence, including several hundred dollars of fireworks, an illegal assault weapon, and stolen property like generators, power tools, and retail merchandise.
Sweet charges include third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, and unlawful sale of fireworks. According to state sentencing guidelines, these charges could be worth up to 12 years in prison if Sweet is convicted.
- Naya Rivera death ruled an accidental drowning, Ventura County officials say
- 07/15/2020: A perfect summer day
- Ryan Walker signs with Thunder for second year
- NY announces new rent relief program
- Ford unveils new Bronco, says website overwhelmed by ‘stampede of reservations’