This story has been updated after police say the fire was intentionally set, to read the update click here.
Cohoes Fire Chief Joseph Fahd says crews responded to the fire at about 5 a.m. He says the good news is that everyone made it out of the building safe but the home was a total loss.
Fire crews are working to investigate the cause of the fire. The chief said it is being considered suspicious.
In addition to the Cohoes Fire Department, the fire chief says Watervliet Fire, the Watervliet Arsenal fire, and Green Island fire crews helped extinguish the flames.
“They did an excellent job protecting both of the exposures got some siding damage on the one there were four people in the residence and they all got out safely,” he says.
- Rensselaer County seeing highest number of coronavirus cases since pandemic began
- Next generation of philanthropists prepare for Giving Tuesday
- Getting in the holiday spirit at Christmas Land
- Siena basketball legend Tay Fisher helps launch KeyBank Assists initiative
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations