This story has been updated after police say the fire was intentionally set, to read the update click here.
Cohoes Fire Chief Joseph Fahd says crews responded to the fire at about 5 a.m. He says the good news is that everyone made it out of the building safe but the home was a total loss.
Fire crews are working to investigate the cause of the fire. The chief said it is being considered suspicious.
In addition to the Cohoes Fire Department, the fire chief says Watervliet Fire, the Watervliet Arsenal fire, and Green Island fire crews helped extinguish the flames.
“They did an excellent job protecting both of the exposures got some siding damage on the one there were four people in the residence and they all got out safely,” he says.
- Pomeroy Fund opens new grant round to support NYS history organizations with financial relief
- Smart Schools Review Board approves $59.9M for technology upgrades
- 02/25/2021: Breezy and not as warm today
- UAlbany’s Mazon Walker turning heads as Great Danes prep season
- Calhoun leads No. 11 Seminoles over Miami