ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Excelsior College announced the launch of a graduate certificate program in Cannabis Control on Wednesday. The three-course, nine-credit professional certificate will help support workers in the marijuana industry.
Experts predict legal cannabis will be worth $73 billion by 2025, and many expect employment opportunities to keep up with those high revenues. Still, the rapidly expanding industry is so new, its product remains mostly illegal in New York, except for medicinal users.
Excelsior’s Cannabis Control graduate certificate aims to offer rigorous online resources in support of a diverse cross section of students. Because of the complex regulatory environment surrounding marijuana, coursework will also be diverse, aligned with business, public administration, health science, and criminal justice curricula.
- Bowl bought for $35 at yard sale turns out to be artifact worth up to $500K
- Dr. Fauci presents his personal virus model to the Smithsonian
- Senators call on Biden, Harris to establish federal office for sexual, reproductive health, wellbeing
- Columbia County Sheriff’s Office denounces cooperation with ICE
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Do You Have To Share Scratch Off Winnings With a Friend?