BOSTON (AP) — A legal challenge to a Massachusetts ban on evictions during the coronavirus pandemic has been dealt a setback by a state judge.
Suffolk Superior Court Judge Paul Wilson on Wednesday denied a request by landlords to stop the eviction moratorium while their lawsuit against the state proceeds, saying it was unlikely they will ultimately prevail.
More hearings on a similar suit in federal court are scheduled for next week.
The pause on evictions took effect in April and was extended by Gov. Charlie Baker through at least mid-October.
- Albany Academy boys golf sets impressive milestone with 250 straight regular season wins
- Curry, Stormo granted NCAA waivers
- Chatham closes regular season with win over Cairo-Durham
- Capital Region theaters welcome back movie goers
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total