MALTA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office says officers arrested Jacob W. Ruth, 24, of East Greenbush on Thursday on charges of first-degree rape and second-degree unlawful surveillance.
After an investigation into a sexual assault earlier this year, police say Ruth had sexual intercourse with someone who was unconscious, physically helpless, and unable to consent. They also allege that Ruth filmed the assault, which happened in a hotel room in Malta.
Sentencing guidelines for New York state say that if convicted, Ruth could face up to 29 years in prison. Ruth is currently awaiting trial in the Saratoga County Jail.
- Montgomery County man facing assault, strangulation charges after knocking man out during fight
- MGM Springfield reopens Monday: What guests can expect
- NY Attorney General Letitia James to address sexual harassment in the construction industry
- Police investigating after violent weekend in the Capital Region
- Vintage Super Mario Bros. video game sells for $114,000