EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A digital flier says a peaceful protest is planned for Monday afternoon in East Greenbush.
The Black Lives Matter March is scheduled for 3 p.m. Demonstrators will meet at Market 32 Plaza and travel down Columbia Turnpike to the East Greenbush Town Hall.
The flier says it’s a peaceful protest of police brutality and the judicial treatment of people of color.
Masks are required at the demonstration, and social distancing is encouraged.
This is the latest in a long line of demonstrations of civil unrest since the death of George Floyd on May 25.
- U.S. counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- Stillwater man arrested following reported domestic incident
- Stuyvesant woman arrested on Murder charge
- Schenectady police investigating 2 shooting incidents overnight
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS