EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A digital flier says a peaceful protest is planned for Monday afternoon in East Greenbush.
The Black Lives Matter March is scheduled for 3 p.m. Demonstrators will meet at Market 32 Plaza and travel down Columbia Turnpike to the East Greenbush Town Hall.
The flier says it’s a peaceful protest of police brutality and the judicial treatment of people of color.
Masks are required at the demonstration, and social distancing is encouraged.
This is the latest in a long line of demonstrations of civil unrest since the death of George Floyd on May 25.
- WATCH: Governor Andrew Cuomo to make an announcement at 11:30 a.m.
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded COVID-19 risk map
- Preventing foodborne illnesses at home
- Police make 127 arrests in Louisville, Kentucky amid Breonna Taylor unrest
- Pandemic continues to impact hotels across western Massachusetts