UPDATE: Law Enforcement has released new information, the article reflects these new details
QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An early morning motorcycle crash closed down all lanes between Exits 20 and 21 on the Northway northbound Monday morning. The Warren County Sheriff’s Office said Angielyn Barnes was traveling northerly on Interstate 87, on a 2016 Kawasaki motorcycle and was unable to negotiate a sweeping right-hand curve. Barnes struck a section of guardwire on the western side of the highway and was ejected from the bike.
Barnes suffered serious injuries as a result and was flown to the Albany Medical Center for treatment. Police say excessive speed and alcohol appear to be contributing factors in this crash.
According to 511NY the crash on I-87 Northway northbound between Exit 20 and Exit 21 closed all lanes.
This case remains under investigation by the Sheriff’s Office Traffic Safety Unit with the assistance of the Criminal Investigation Division
- Social Dilemma: Is it considered cheap to use a gift card you received to buy a gift for someone else?
- Dentists advise against participating in TikTok teeth filing challenge
- US census to end October 5, despite court order
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions