TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue will host a press conference Tuesday at 2:30 pm via Zoom regarding the ruling on the autopsy of Gabby Petito.
Leaders with the Federal Bureau of Investigation confirmed on Sept. 19 human remains were found near Grand Teton National Park and matched the description of the missing 22-year-old North Port, Florida woman. An FBI spokesperson noted that full forensic identification had not yet been completed.
Along with an identification, the medical examiner could also reveal the cause of death in the autopsy.
Petito’s body was found the week following her fiancé’s Brian Laundrie’s disappearance, with a coroner confirming the discovery on Sept. 21.
Laundrie remains the only person of interest in Gabby Petito’s homicide case.
The search for 23-year-old has been scaled down since the FBI took over, and is now being “targeted based on intelligence,” police said.
- Teen organizes sleep-out in Bennington, urges governor to help homeless
- Chemung County Torture-Murder suspects transferred to Chemung County Jail
- Impacts of the Pandemic: Mental Health
- Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart to host new ‘very tasty’ Halloween baking challenge
- Great Danes fall to #5 Villanova in the rain