ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Albany police are investigating a homicide that happened on Second Avenue late Wednesday night.
Police say they responded to reports of a shooting at about 11:50 p.m. around Second Avenue and Grandview Terrace. When they arrived on the scene, police say they learned Eddie Richardson, 23 of Albany was shot in the torso and sent to Albany Medical Center.
Richardson was later pronounced dead at the hospital as a result of his injuries.
The incident is being treated as a homicide.
- Albany Med nurses rally ahead of planned strike
- December parking restrictions in place on Albany Streets
- Bills K Tyler Bass is finding his groove after shaky start to rookie season
- Bills place WR John Brown on injured reserve
- Erie County Assemblymember urges Gov. Cuomo to avoid shutdown of small retailers