WESTERLO, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State Police out of New Scotland arrested Frank Bryant, 50, of Westerlo on Saturday for reportedly assaulting someone with a metal pipe after an argument at Price Chopper.
A police investigation determined that members of Bryant’s had a verbal altercation with the victim at the Glenmont grocery store. Later, Bryant and the victim had a physical altercation, and Bryant landed multiple blows with a metal pipe.
Troopers responded at about 2:52 p.m. to a report of a fight in progress in the area of State Route 32 and County Route 404 in Westerlo. Bryant had already left the scene when police arrived to find the male victim laying in the street with visible injuries.
He was sent in an ambulance to Albany Medical Center for treatment. Bryant was located at his home shortly thereafter, where he was taken into custody on first-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal weapon possession charges. According to state sentencing guidelines, these charges are worth about 25 years in prison if he’s convicted.
- Patriots look to keep playoff hopes alive as they host former draftee Kingsbury, Cardinals
- Passing of a Visionary: Tony Hsieh, former Zappos CEO, dies at 46
- Walmart announces Cyber Monday 2020 deals
- Two women-owned businesses are making waves for Small Business Saturday
- Police seeking public’s help in locating missing 15-year-old