COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Hazardous Materials Incident on Exchange Street in the town of Colonie ended Monday evening. Officials said the incident took place at the former Tobin plant at 76 Exchange Street.

Many people reported chemical smells after the incident, and some reportedly vomited from chemical exposure. One person was driven to the hospital in a private vehicle, but they are okay.

According to Colonie Deputy Fire Coordinator Mike Romano, around the time the chemical smells were reported, Jackson Demolition, who is tearing down the former Tobin plant, reported a chemical leak. Romano said the company thought all the lines in an old refrigerator had been drained, but when the crew was tearing it apart, ammonia came out

Romano said the leak has since been stopped. ENCON also came to the scene to assess the situation and see if any ammonia is left.

There were numerous road closures in the Exchange Street area, but they have since reopened.