State Police have identified the Fonda man who was found dead in Schoharie Creek in the area of Power House Rd. in the town of Florida on Tuesday.
Police identified Edward Kazlauskas, 79, of Fonda as the victim. An autopsy was performed at St. Mary’s Hospital in Amsterdam and the cause of death was determined to be accidental drowning.
Police say just after 1 p.m., they responded to Schoharie Creek after people who had gone to the area to swim reported finding a dead person in the water.
The incident remains under investigation by police.
FONDA, N.Y. (NEWS10)–New York State Police have confirmed the body of a 79-year old male was found in Schoharie Creek nearby to Power House Rd. in the town of Florida, Tuesday.
No foul play is suspected at this time.
- Albany Academy center Riley Mulvey transferring to St. Thomas More
- Athletics close out ICBL season with win over Mohawks
- Department of Labor issues Lost Wages Assistance Program guidance
- Pilot program offers residents $500 a month for five years
- NY appeals judge’s decision on limit of wedding attendees