ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — UPDATE 6:15 AM: Albany Police found the 16-year-old boy with autism who ran from the scene of a house fire on Yardboro Avenue Tuesday morning.
Albany Police said the call for the fire came in just before 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. There is smoke damage to the home. Police said six people who lived inside were displaced by the fire.
Albany Fire Department Executive Deputy Chief Joseph Toomey said the boy ran off shortly after the fire broke out but has since been found.
The boys father was taken to the hospital. Further details on the condition of the father were not given.
The investigation into what caused the fire is ongoing.
- UAlbany opens season with thrilling win over New Hampshire
- Siena lets one slip away in regular season finale
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options