SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Schenectady City School District approved a vaccine mandate for all student-athletes on Wednesday night. The mandate will go into effect immediately.
If the athlete receives the Moderna vaccine, they need their first shot by October 17. If they receive the Pfizer vaccine, they need their first shot by October 24. Athletes need their second dose of either vaccine by November 14th to participate in sports.
The resolution passed four votes to three. A link to the resolution can be found here.
More Sports News
- No. 9 Iowa rested, still in control of its Big Ten West fate
- NFL’s COVID-19 numbers encouraging, soft tissue injuries up
- The Latest: Astros’ Urquidy faces Braves’ Fried in Game 2
- Mike Tomlin: idea he’s a candidate for college jobs ‘a joke’
- Blackhawks GM resigns, team fined after sexual assault probe