Burnt Hills, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Friday afternoon featured a rematch of the Class B girls lacrosse sectional championship when Queensbury visited Burnt Hills.
Queensbury’s Spartans got the better of Burnt Hills’ Spartans in this one, with Queensbury sprinting out to a 10-1 first half lead. MK Lescault helped Burnt Hills stay alive with a few goals to trim the lead to six, but they couldn’t get much closer than that.
Brigid Duffy swung the momentum back to Queensbury with a nice goal off a spin move as they handled Burnt Hills in the Class B rematch with a 16-8 win.
More Sports News
- Ukrainian tennis player laments lack of support in her sport
- AP source: Commanders buy Va. land for possible stadium site
- NHL, St. Louis police looking at threats against Avs’ Kadri
- Osaka loses in 1st round of French Open, may skip Wimbledon
- Heat’s Herro (groin) ruled out ahead of Game 4 vs. Celtics