SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A vaccine mandate came down this week for Schenectady athletes, which could affect the football program.
The Patriots hosted Shenendehowa Friday night before that deadline date. The Plainsmen came in down 20 players due to quarantine and injury, but the good news for them was that Michael McElrath was on the field.
McElrath ripped off an 87-yard touchdown to put Shen up 10-0. Later in the quarter, he did it again, this time a little bit closer. A 13-yard touchdown run for McElrath helped Shen on their way to a 51-0 win.
More Sports News
- Loaded UConn women push for program’s 12th national title
- La Salle survives overtime battle with Queensbury to advance to Class A title game
- Averill Park storms past Albany Academy to the Class A title game
- Union ready to renew rivalry with RPI
- Bad break: Braves’ Morton fractures leg in Series opener