ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — In response to the large gatherings off-campus by UAlbany students this weekend, the school is suspending all athletic-related activities. The decision was made with caution in mind, and there is no timeline as of now for a return to practice.
The football team was supposed to start on-field workouts this week. Those are now on hold.
Although fall sports were canceled due to COVID-19, teams were still able to practice together when they returned to campus.
More Sports News
- Protesters gather outside Albany Police South Station
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Oldest living American dies at 116
- Attorney discusses Hilton principal on paid leave, hired after criminal offense
- Hudson Police investigating shots fired incident
- Hundreds of North & South Colonie students vaccinated Saturday