TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Troy mayor is responding to Major League Baseball, which may be cutting farm teams like the Tri-City ValleyCats, from the league.
In a letter to the baseball commissioner, Mayor Patrick Madden emphasized the impact the minor league team has on the community both socially and economically.
The MLB has recently considered cutting more than 40 minor league teams meaning many are likely to fail. Other lawmakers have also stepped in to try and find a solution.
- Pittsfield Police investigate after finding bullet hole in home
- How does N.Y.’s vaccination plan compare to Mass. and Vt.?
- LIVE: New York State Police discuss preparations ahead of potential protests
- North Adams man guilty of child exploitation receives 60-year sentence
- Horned, shirtless Capitol rioter wants pardon from Trump