TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Troy mayor is responding to Major League Baseball, which may be cutting farm teams like the Tri-City ValleyCats, from the league.
In a letter to the baseball commissioner, Mayor Patrick Madden emphasized the impact the minor league team has on the community both socially and economically.
The MLB has recently considered cutting more than 40 minor league teams meaning many are likely to fail. Other lawmakers have also stepped in to try and find a solution.
- Red Cross thanks volunteers for National Volunteer Week
- Vermont bill would gather data on racial inequity
- New Yorker airlifted to hospital after being run over by a tractor
- Fatal police shooting at Ohio hospital caught on officer bodycams
- Want to buy a house in Vermont? Act fast and bid high, realtors say