SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A local boxing club received state funding to help them stay open so they can continue their mission of helping young people in the community.
Ring of Hope in Schenectady received $15,000 Wednesday. The check was presented by Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara, who secured money for the program in the state budget. The funds will be going towards general operation and equipment that will help the boxing club pay for programs over the next several weeks.
The money will go to paying for new equipment and other expenses to keep the organization going.
More from NEWS10:
- Trick or treat: UAlbany men’s basketball welcomes community for Halloween night
- Andy Gresh joins Rosie Langello in studio to breakdown the Patriots first home win of the season
- CDC advisers clear the way for Moderna and J&J boosters, ‘mix & match’ shots
- Alec Baldwin speaks out after deadly movie set shooting: ‘There are no words to convey my shock and sadness’
- Schenectady group wants Lady Liberty statue moved “out of exile”