LANSINGBURGH, N.Y, (NEWS10) — There was a point this school year where the return of high school sports didn’t look promising. Many high school seniors wanted sports back, but they’d have been happy just to have a chance to see classmates again.
In Lansingburgh, many students made that happen on their own when the school was fully remote earlier this year. Lansingburgh senior softball and volleyball player Madison Gamache detailed a school-wide remote learning session in the parking lot, citing it as one of her favorite high school memories.
She says, “Definitely sitting outside of school in the back parking lot when we weren’t able to go in school. We all came together and sat outside and went to school together from the parking lot, because our school was not opening because of COVID. We were all online so we wanted to get together for our senior year.”
Madison will attend Siena College next fall to study professional accounting.
- Chipotle offering free guacamole on National Avocado Day, but there’s a catch
- In Olympic first, men, women swim together in wild medley
- Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson-Herah breaks Flo-Jo’s 33-year record at Tokyo Olympics
- Michael Che returns to Instagram after sharing ‘tasteless’ Simone Biles jokes on account
- USA routs Czech Republic, 119-84 in Tokyo