GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (News10) — Five second-period goals lifted the Worcester Railers past the Adirondack Thunder 8-1 at the Cool Insuring Arena Friday night. Clifton Park native Pete MacArthur gave the Thunder a 1-0 lead with his fourth goal of the season late in the first period, but it only lasted five minutes. Ross Olsson tallied the equalizer 4:47 into the second. He also netted the go-ahead goal as part of a hat trick.
The Railers outshot the Thunder 47-32. Adirondack’s special teams were atrocious, giving up three power play goals and a shorthanded goal en route to the team’s second straight loss at home.
Adirondack will take the ice against the Mariners Saturday to cap off a three-game home stand.
More Sports News
- Fans visit Kobe Bryant on anniversary of his death
- AP Source: Broncos hiring Packers OC Hackett as head coach
- Barty to face Collins in bid to end Australian title drought
- Makar, Avs rally past Bruins 4-3 for 17th straight home win
- UAlbany wins overtime thriller, sweeps season series against UMass Lowell