CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Columbia and Shenendehowa headed into the final day of the regular season hovering near the top of the standings so a win for either could go a long way for sectional seeding for both teams.
Tied at four in the fifth, Will Shea hit a ball hard to the hot corner and the Blue Devils couldn’t convert the play at the plate giving Shen took a 5-4 lead. One inning later Wyatt Cozzy put the pressure on the Plainsmen with another hard hit ball into the infield that the Blue Devils turned into a tying run.
Later in the sixth Jack Bennett dropped a single into the gap in right center to give Columbia a 6-5 lead that they wouldn’t give up. Both teams now await Sunday’s sectional seeding.
More Sports News
- Adirondack Thunder offering $20 ticket vouchers with Stewart’s Shops
- The NBA at 75: From a very modest beginning, to a behemoth
- Watt forces fumble in overtime, Steelers edge Seahawks 23-20
- Late-night magic: Braves beat Dodgers 5-4, lead NLCS 2-0
- Seattle’s Darrell Taylor taken to hospital after scary hit