Guilderland, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Guilderland hosted CBA Friday night in a Class AA sectional semifinal in a rematch of Guilderland’s 20-7 win in week seven.
CBA was leading 7-0 in the fourth quarter punting deep in their own territory when the Guilderland special teams made a huge play blocking the punt and giving the offense the ball right on CBA’s doorstep.
Caelen Porter punched it in a few plays later, tying the game at seven. The Brothers came right back with an answer. Brenden Simek took a pitch and powered past the goal line to put CBA back in front 14-7.
Donald Jones sealed the deal later in the fourth with a touchdown run of his own to give the Brothers a 20-7 win. CBA is headed to the Class AA Superbowl against Shenendehowa next week.
More Sports News
- In The Pits: F1 down to the wire in thrilling title fight
- China attacks potential US diplomatic boycott of Olympics
- Struggling Canucks name Boudreau coach amid leadership purge
- Chiefs keep AFC West lead with 22-9 victory over Broncos
- Siena Basketball Escapes Jersey City With First Victory in 11 Years