BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Located just south of Saratoga Springs in Ballston Spa, Dakota Ridge Farm is situated on 42 acres of creekside woods, ponds, and pastures. They offer farm tours, llama treks, animal-assisted therapy (including special needs groups), educational visits, as well as llama sales, and rescue and rehoming of llamas.
It all began in 1990, when Gary Capasso bought Katrina a llama named Dakota as a wedding present. From one llama to now, more than 60 llamas. And just this week, the couple welcomed two more llamas—babies.
Want to help name their newest additions, a boy and a girl? Weigh in here!
Dakota Ridge Farm recently returned from the 2021 New York State Fair Llama Show where they won many accolades.
More from NEWS10
- Local organizations helping hundreds of Afghan refugees coming to Capital Region
- Kansas mom says teacher forced son to tape mask to face
- DA partially blames Catskill murder on bail reform
- ‘Sex and the City’ star Willie Garson dies at 57
- Cross appears near Gabby Petito search area in apparent tribute to 22-year-old