CATSKILL, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A worker was pinned under the wooden framework of the new Stewart’s Shop under construction at the corner of West Bridge Street and West Main Street Friday afternoon. The man, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries was transported to a local area hospital after being rescued by first responders.
Catskill Fire Department, Catskill Rescue Squad and the village’s building inspector responded to the scene.
As first reported by Sarah Trafton of Columbia-Greene Media, the new store is scheduled to be open in October.
NEWS10 ABC reached out to Stewart’s who said the incident is under investigation.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes